why charge more? was Re: "Rud. Ibach Sohn"

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 13 Nov 1996 19:46:22 -0500

>Dear list,
>       Anybody have any info on a manufacturer by the name of Rud. Ibach
>Sohn.....apparently German according to my client.
>This particular instrument is of the "Bird Cage Action"
>configuration........availability of replacement parts???
>      Don't worry........covered my hind parts with a rather hefty quote per
>hour for repair and R&D of new parts.
>Many thanks!
>
>Dale Whitehead, RPT
>Franklin, TN

Dear Dale:

Without getting into too much detail, as I think whath I am about to say
should be limited to the PTG-L page, but I am curious as to why you need to
cover your back side by  charging more money per hour to work on a bird cage,
than on a regular piano? Do you all of a sudden have to use mental resources
greater than what you are accustomed to to do the work on this kind of piano,
or are you purposely trying to make the poor owner of the piano pay more
because she made an unwise diecision to have the instrument worked on by you?
  This, I think, is an ethical question we all need to consider. (see the
PTG-l page for more on this topic).

Willem Blees RPT
St. Louis