Hale Site-O-Tuner

EugeniaCar@aol.com EugeniaCar@aol.com
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 19:47:09 -0500

In a message dated 96-11-14 13:46:27 EST, Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk (Barrie
Heaton) writes:

 hi

  how big a pitch in 15 minutes,  a tone,  or at least a semi-tone?

 just curious

Barrie,

It varies--how's that for an answer! Seriously, it depends on many factors
including the conditions of strings, bridges, pins, overall condition, etc.
just as an aural tuning does. Using the SAT I have pitch raised and tuned
pianos 100 cents flat in about an hour but these pianos were in very good
condition. I have also taken much more time with 100 cent pitch raises when
the instrument was not in good condition. As a general rule if the piano is
less than 50% flat and is in good condition, I can count on begin through
with a stable tuning in an hour.

Gina Carter