spousal tuning...??

Ron Torrella torrella@umich.edu
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 09:51:12 -0500 (EST)

Alan:

My wife, who doesn't play the piano, has forbad me to so much as *touch*
the PSO in our family room because--and I suppose it's my gross lack of
ethics :-) -- I cannot get the thing put back together after taking it
apart!  The last time I tuned it (or shall I say, attempted to tune
it...), our daughter decided that it was time to go for a walk.  The
innards of the instrument were on display for about a week before she
finally forced me -- at screwdriver point -- to shut the darned thing up.
The top several octaves, woe to those who deign to play the thing, are
quite sour from a previous tuning (ca. 1955?), and I get "Misty" whenever
someone starts playing.  I suggest you call on an associate (note the
*lower case* a) of your chapter to tune the thing.  Instruct your gentle
spouse on the location of the checkbook...