Ivory keytops

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 21:42:14 -0500 (EST)

I have found through field repairs, that CA glue will cause a translucent
effect on the ivory. In higher humidity especially. CA repairs will look darker
or have marked dark glue lines.  I only use CA as a quick fix for replacing
ivories. But for tacking down loose fronts, CA thin. In the shop the glue of
preference
is hot hide glue (high quality glue from Pianotek) with titanium oxide (5:1).
Jon Page
Cape Cod. Mass
jpage@capecod.net