overbooked

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Tue, 01 Oct 1996 12:26:16 -0400

Wim;
  In my business class I address this problem with a section dealing with
alliances. We should all have someone to work with in these types of
situations, someone we can trade favors with when we get stuck like you did
here. This must work 'both' ways and we need to make sure that we, in turn,
go out of our way to accomodate a request for assistance from this person
(s).
  It does not seem to make good business sense to work to build up our
business over the years and let one symphony performance cause us to lose
what is a very good source of income. Lets suppose that you have lost this
church from your client list, how many new customers will you have to acquire
in order to make up for this one church?
    Wim, in my opinion, it is always best to specifically suggest someone
else to call when you cannot make the service call as requested. If the
customer is a good one I will make every effort to accomodate them and in
most cases will make the arrangements to have another tech do the service
call for them.

 If you have a working arrangement with other techs in your area don't fail
to use them as needed. If you, or others on the list, don't have such an
arrangement I strongly urge you to establish one as soon as possible. The
benefits from the combination is well worthwhile and might lead to more
avenues of opportunity than you could dream alone. If you are a member of PTG
use a chapter member in this networking. If you are not a member of PTG, find
someone with whom you can work  comfortably and feel good about recommending
to do the emergency calls you can't get to; perhaps a member of the local PTG
Chapter.
Just my thoughts on your question Wim.
Jim Bryant (FL)