Insurance for tuners

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 03 Oct 1996 20:32:04 -0400

Ken   and the list:

The PTG has an agreement of some sorts with an insurance company for all
sorts of business insurance. They have insurance for your tools, customer's
pianos in your shop, in transit, and at the house, and they have liability
insurance for broken windows, damage to rugs, etc. They even have injury
liability to $1,000,000.

Contact

Jerry Kiser at:
Potter, Leonard & Cahan
6161 N.E. 175th   suit 205
Seattle, WA  98155
206-486-4334
206-672-7482

It is expensive, but it is worth it, and one claim will pay for it. I had
some water damage from a leaking roof, to a grand in my store, and I got a
check to refinish the whole piano.

I carry liability insurance not because I think I am going to break
something, or damage a rug. I carry it in case the customer thinks I broke
something, or damaged her rug, when I didn't. That is when the insurance
company will pay the lawyer to defend me, and I don't have to pay money to
prove I am innocent.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis