capo section of Steinway D

Jerry Anderson jandy@micronet.fr
Mon, 07 Oct 1996 20:52:04 +0200 (MET DST)

Dear list,

>As to dressing the capo bar, I find that any serious reshaping is a mighty
>chore while the plate is in the piano.  Perhaps there are others who have
>different experience on this.  I do like to polish the bar with 240 wet/dry
>sandpaper and a few drops of motor oil; wipe off the excess oil.  It will
>tune like a dream, may improve the tone a little.

Has anyone out there had any experience with the tool
Bill Spurlock sells as the "Diamond Capo Bar File"?
It sounds ideal for situations when the piano can't
get  put in the shop, or when the plate can't come out.
It's a lot more expensive than sandpaper.
I haven't run into anyone yet who's tried it.

Jerry Anderson