Warranty on Rebuilding

Joel Rappaport joelr@flash.net
Mon, 07 Oct 1996 14:54:17 -0700

Lorlin & List:
We have never given a formal warranty for rebuilding projects.  First of
all, we provide good references before the job is taken on and encourage
the prospective client to contact those references.  Secondly, we
virtually always include in the rebuilding price a trip to the site
where the piano will be after it is rebuilt.  This allows us to give
that "special attention" to the client that we feel they deserve and
allows us to put the finishing touches on a rebuilt piano in its home
environment.  And lastly, if WE do not like something at this service
call or hear about any displeasure from the client in the next few
months, we take care uf it at no charge.  We've changed voicing, changed
the fallboard felt to another color and even changed hammers in a
concert instrument.  Believe it or not, we have repeat customers for
large grands because of the service, I believe.  OK, maybe we are not
making mounds of money, but we do deal with a lot of happy piano owners
and that is worth it in our opinion.
Regards----Joel