Slow Times?

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Mon, 07 Oct 1996 20:23:47 -0400

John P. ;
"The mystery buyer shows up to see used pianos, used pianos ARE in stock, but
the
salesperson instead shows the Clavinova. Does the salesperson still get the
100
bucks?
Just curious,
John Piesik"

John I'm not sure that situation has arisen, to the best of my knowledge, at
the stores that I am associated with. To answer your question about the
 $100, I don't know under that scenario.
  If the sales person was more interested in their commission than the
customers best interest I suppose it could and does happen.  If the customer
asked for a used piano, there was one in stock and the sales person did not
at least tell the customer about it, I would be upset.  By servicing our
customers stated desires, sales/service ,  we open other doors in both areas.
If we listen closely enough we will know what the customer is saying, to not
do so is at our peril. We have found that discussing the used instruments
first helps with a trade up to a new piano or possibly a PSO.
Hope this answers your query John.
Jim Bryant (FL)|

Question for the list in general: Would a new student be best served with a
Lester drop action spinet needing service or with a new (or used) Electronic
keyboard (with piano touch) ??