Soft pedal adjust

William W. Maxim wmaxim@gnn.com
Wed, 09 Oct 1996 06:52:58 +0000

Willem:

You recently wrote,

> IMHO the soft pedal
>on any upright piano should be disconnected. In fact, it should
never have
>been made part of it in the first place.

Ditto for the middle pedal on most verticals.  Did you ever see or
know of anyone using the bass sustain pedal except by mistake?  I
guess it was just there to help sell the piano by making it look
like a grand (with 3 pedals).

You also wrote that you don't read or write (English).  For someone
who doesn't read or write, you sure do a lot of communicating!
Guess that shows what mettle you people from The Netherlands are
made of.  I have to take my hat off to you for learning other
languages as you do.

If a person speaks three languages, they call him trilingual.  If
he speaks two languages, they call him bilingual.  What do they
call him if he speaks one language?

An American.

Bill Maxim, RPT

Speaks one language haltingly, another rustily when forced.