rescaling

jpage@capecod.net jpage@capecod.net
Sat, 12 Oct 1996 00:23:33 -0400 (EDT)

Has anyone had results with rescaling wound bi-chords
in the tenor section on a 30 yr old Knabe grand?

When I lost contact w/ the list last spring, one of the
topics was cracked rims. I had two of them this summer,
but just last week I noticed a product in the McFeeley's
catalogue.  3/16  x  6, 8, 10 & 12"  threaded spikes,
a 5/8 diam. head with a square drive .
The shank is plain w/ 2" of threads at the end.
I may just order a box (min. 25count),
just wondering if anyone has tried them.
Also, Their SK-2000  Overdriver Pro.
1 to 4 ratio, racheting screwdriver makes breaking
down an action a breeze.  I know it'll come in
handy when I do another player.
(And I'll let you know how their self-tapping,
self-countersinking screws (8x1") work on
upright soundboards).
Jon Page
Cape Cod. Mass