TEST MATERIAL

scott.e.johnson@24stex.com scott.e.johnson@24stex.com
Sat, 12 Oct 1996 23:43:38 -0800

 Oo> As I stated before, we, the dutch piano technicians are setting up a =
 Oo> new union or guild.
 Oo> Either we have to develop our own test, or one of you could be of =
 Oo> great help by sending me eaxamples of how you guys take a test at the
 Oo> = PTG.
 Oo> Andr=E9 Oorebeek

Dear Andre,
I suggest you contact The Piano Technicians Guild and purchase the 2 PTG
Exam Source Books. The first is the Technical Exam Source Book and it will
be useful to you in understanding the skills that are required to pass the
Technical section of our exam. The second book is the Tuning Exam Source
Book. This second book will give you some insight as to how the tuning exam
works. You mentioned having a graph made of your tuning at the Yamaha school.
The tuning exam would be like that graph being compared to a graph of an
ideal tuning on the testing piano. A point system is used to deduct points
for variations of more than a certain amount between the applicants tuning
and the "master tuning" for each area of the piano.

A third section of the exam is given and it is a written test whose questions
cover the full range of piano service areas. This written test must be passed
before the technical or tuning exams can be taken by the applicant.

The cost for each of these source books is $29.00.

                       To contact The Piano Technicians Guild
                       call 816-753-7747
                       or write...
                       PTG