No subject

Sunday, October 13, 1996 12:31 PM

>----------

Dear Richard,

It looks like you figured out that "attachment file" thing that happened
back a ways.  Care to share?

Keith A. McGavern, RPT
kam544@ionet.net
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Oklahoma Baptist University
Shawnee, Oklahoma, USA

----------
	PHEW. Glad to hear this.

Well it was easier than figuring out a fish pole tracker.  I got another
mailer.  I was using MicroSoft Mail that comes with W95.  Now using MS
Internet Mail beta.

This is the explaination I like the best.  Came from alt. appalachain
news group.

     The Microsoft mailer is including some 8 bit characters (characters
outside the normal ASCII value range) in your message.  Your provider's
mailer is seeing the 8 bit character and mime encoding the entire message.
Users using an equivilant mailer on the other end will not see the problem
(which is why you don't see it), but anyone using a "standard" mail
package will.  Try getting the free version of Eudora and see if it solves
your problem.  If it does, trash the Microsoft mail program.  It's a
fairly standard case of Microsoft not bothering to comply with existing
standards (though claiming right and left to do so).

Sounds good,  but am I the only one that WAS using W95 MS Mailer ?  ?
(I think he means list server as no one else has mentioned attachments in
email execpt in this list)

Richard Moody