restringing capo section of Steinway D -Reply

Robert B Edwardsen edwardsn@www.rpa.net
Tue, 15 Oct 1996 04:58:44 -0400

At 10:21 PM 10/14/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I would recommend checking out the Waverly Three-in-one fret file from
>Stewart/Macdonald's Guitar Shop Supply.  Several techs in the Chicago
>chapter use it and swear by it.  Their phone number is 800-848-2273.
>The price in an old catalog is $29.95, part #685
>David Graham
>dgraham@niu.edu

I have the capo bar file from Spurlock Supply and the bag it came in says:
"Stewart-MacDonald Guitar Shop Supply", but it was not $29, it was $79 or
$89. I bought it at the National in New Mexico and I'm very happy with it.
Is the Waverly Three-in-one fret file the same file Spurlock Supply sells
for $50 or $60 less or did Spurlock Supply have a file especially made up
for pianos? Anyone know?

Rob Edwardsen
21 Courtenay Circle
Pittsford, NY 14534-2101