Conservative Octaves & Tuning Exam

Thomas A. Sheehan aquinas@nyct.net
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 21:33:46 -0400

Dear Jim -

Please let us know the details on the new approach to setting the "B".
I've been using the Baldassin-Sanderson temperament for years. New
innovations and ideas regarding it are most welcome.

I've recently been tuning with "On Pitch" open next to me at the piano.
I think that it is arguably the most significant book on practical equal
temperament piano tuning since "Piano Tuning and Allied Arts."

As the expectant owner of an RCT/Mac tuning system (Dean shipped it
today), I am eager to use it to help set up the Baldassin-Sanderson.
I've been an aural tuner for nearly 25 years; former president of the
Boston Chapter, and now based in New York City.

Finally, my sincere thank you for your vast and valuable contributions
to this list, and to the profession of piano tuning.

Sincerely,

Tom Sheehan, RPT