Hello Iceland

oorebeek oorebeek@euronet.nl
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 11:48:37 +0200

Hello Sindri,
I appreciate your reply, nice to hear from Iceland.
Actually, I happen to know somebody by the name of Gugga but the last =
name I forgot.
She is a pianist and as I recall works for the Reykjavik =
conservatory, if you know her please give her my sincere greetings.
Because of my Japanese connection in Holland I have in my posession a =
PT-100.
I have worked with this instrument for about 6 years. I use it mainly =
for : raising pitch, difficult instruments and more than one =
instruments being used at the same time. (which makes them very even =
in tuning)
Although it is not a perfect machine, it gives a pretty good result =
but one must take into account the fact that it was generally =
designed for yamaha piano's.
Through this list we get information from colleagues all over the =
world and allready this aspect was recently discussed.
One american colleague told me that the PT-100 is a dump and I should =
look into the Reyburn accutuner it being the utmost at the moment.
I am sure he is perfectly right and I am greatful for all comments =
and help.
This last week there has been an incredible amount of email about =
this subject and frankly, all these electronic devices are expensive =
and I am so happy I still have my pink ears and they work so fine...

friendly greetings from:

Andr=E9 Oorebeek
CONCERT PIANO SERVICE
Hartenstraat 6-2 1016 CB, Amsterdam