Accu-Tuner and CyberTuner

k.swafford@genie.com k.swafford@genie.com
Sat, 26 Oct 1996 18:37:00 +0000 (GMT)

>One american colleague told me that the PT-100 is a dump and I should
>look into the Reyburn accutuner it being the utmost at the moment.  I
>am sure he is perfectly right and I am greatful for all comments and
>help.

Mr. Oorebeek,

     The Sanderson Accu-Tuner, developed by Al Sanderson, and
available from Dr. Sanderson's company, Inventronics, is a dedicated
visual tuning device.  It has been in use for well over a decade, is
a reliable workhorse, and has been likened to a power tool for its
ability to assist piano technicians achieve fine quality tunings on
pianos and other musical instruments.

     Reyburn CyberTuner, on the other hand, developed by Dean Reyburn
and available from Reyburn Piano Service, is a visual tuning device in
(Mac) software and has been available only since this past July.
CyberTuner applies modern computer speed and processing power to the
problem of visual tuning and, though still new, promises to advance
the state of the art in visual tuning devices.

     Both the Accu-Tuner and CyberTuner provide _very_ significant
performance advantages over the Yamaha PT-100.

                                             Kent Swafford