Replaced Keytops - How Long Should They Stick?

Thomas D. Seay, III t.seay@mail.utexas.edu
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 16:00:04 -0600

>  Dear Larry,
>
>Assuming that, you planed the keys and created a good gluing surface.
>That you matched the original dimension of the key with your  new material.
>         Applied the contact cement to both surfaces and waited the
>optimum time & used some clamping  pressure-- the keys should
>stay on untill they wear out.  You did  a good job!
>We have been using the PVC-E glue. It is water soluble and there is
>less odor and less volatile.  The application is not so messy clean-up
>is much easier.  You might want to give it a try.
>
>Mark Ritchie RPT

I will heartily second the use of PVC-E glue for keytops. It is wonderful
stuff. It also works well for gluing leather, cloth and felt to wood or
metal.

PVC-E glue is available throught Pianotek and probably other sources, as well.

Regards,

Tom Seay, RPT

Tom Seay
School of Music