European tuning preferences

William Maxim WMaxim@gnn.com
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 18:35:33 +0000

Andre -

I've been interested in your contributions, since I did some piano
tuning in Europe (Germany) in the 1950's while I was stationed
there with the U.S. military; and also later while living in
Germany teaching music in the 1960's.  There seemed to be a dearth
of piano technicians in the area, and I was being welcomed with
open arms by a number of musicians in Heidelberg when we made the
decision to return to this country.  If all other things had been
favorable, we would love to have stayed.

What presence does Europiano have in the Netherlands?  Or is it
only in Germany?  The president of Europiano was at the Piano
Technicians Guild Convention in Albuquerque in 1995.

Glad to hear you got the address of your friend in Australia.  I
posted your request on a player-piano mailing list with some
correspondents in Australia, but have no idea if the information
came from that venue.

Bill Maxim, RPT
Serving South Carolina from Greer and Columbia
Satisfying discriminating musicians since 1955