Aeolian-Hammond Player Organ

Terry Smythe smythe@MTS.Net
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 22:40:23 -0500 (CDT)

Eugene Rogers <ERogers470@aol.com> sez:

>  I get out only 10 inch of mercury, while
> the manual  states it should be 50 inches.

In my 30+ years working with player pianos, I've never encountered an
instrument where "inches of Mercury" is specified.     I suspect that
what you may find more useful is a vacumn guage calibrated in "inches
of Water".

If you can't find such a guage, you can make one very simply.     I'm
aware of at least one set of drawings on page 199/200 of the

Orchestrion Builder's Handbook,
by Craig Brougher
email:     craig_brougher@msn.com

AMICA Technicalities  V  has a little technical data on this
instrument, but nothing about vacumn levels.    Very little
documentation is known to exist about this instrument, so if
something comes to your attention, there are quite a few owners of
similar instruments that would be very pleased to learn about it.

This is one instrument I've not had the privilege of working on.
However, I do know someone who has, and is technically competant:

John Grant
email:       jrgrant@dc.infi.net

Please, keep us informed of your progress.

Regards,

Terry

Terry Smythe                   smythe@mts.net
55 Rowand Avenue               smythe@freenet.mb.ca