Brambach grand damper flange

Arlie D. Rauch adarpub@servco.com
Thu, 31 Oct 1996 07:46:30 -0700

Dear List,

One of my customers has an old (year unknown) Brambach grand.  One of its
bass damper wires broke in the damper flange.

It appears that one must remove all the dampers so as to remove the damper
rail so as to remove even one flange so that the broken wire can be
replaced.  Am I correct?  (I cannot see how the wire could be replaced
without removing the offending flange.  A piece of the wire must still be
in the flange.)

If there is a simpler way to replace the damper wire, I would appreciate
knowing it.  I would much rather remove only one damper than seventy.

Sincerely,
Arlie D. Rauch