Nakamichi Piano

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 31 Oct 1996 18:33:34 -0500

>My information is that it is a private label Young Chang that has
>additional tonal work performed on it.
>
>I believe it is distributed by North American Music in NJ
>
>Glenn Grafton
>Grafton Piano & Organ Co.

The Nakamichi pianos are manufactured by Young Chang, but then "customized"
in the Nakamichi factory in Japan. They install German hammers, and Swedish
bass strings, which gives them a much softer sound than the typical Asian
pianos.

By the way, the Nakamichi  are now called Nakamora. If seems the the
Nakamichi Electronics firm put a copyright on anything than makes sound. The
piano people sued, but lost in court.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis