Steinway bass strings -Reply

Tue, 01 Apr 1997 15:07:06 -0700

Vince and List,

Several factors combine to make these strings superior:

	1.-  A more malleable (ductile) core, usually more closely
		matching the diameter of _older_ string sets;
	2.- Nearly pure copper win as opposed to the "electrical grade"
		used by other makers (electrical grade, I'm told, has a
		lower copper content in order to delay the effects of
		electrolysis, but I'm not an engineer);
	3.- A manufacturer small enough to maintain excellent
		quality control, and knowledgeable enough to
		be able to provide custom suggestions for specific
		applications.

In a whole bunch of sets, no duds, just good sound - right from the first.

Horace

><hgreeley@leland.Stanford.EDU> 04/01/97
>11:53am >>>
>
>David,
>
>I prefer strings from G&C in Canada.
>
>They do require a pattern, and the strings are
>somewhat more expensive, but
>are the best on the market.
>

>What makes these strings superior?
>
>Vince Mrykalo