Query

Bonifield/Poulson bonifarm@oro.net
Tue, 01 Apr 1997 15:59:12 +0000

To all List Members:  Although it would be more approprate for this
discussion to be held on the PTG-L list, since Jim's query and Wim's
reply appeared here I feel I must reply.  Wim's description of the
circimstance is a continuatation of the smean-spirited and vindictive
campaign that was waged by a *minority* group within PTG that was
disgruntled with Fern's success in leading our organization in a
progressive manner and direction.  When this group could not acheive
their ends through the legitimate means available, they began a
campaign of slander such as the unsubstantiated "shady dealings" Wim
mentions, as well as bringing up a number of charges before the Ethics
committee.  These charges were *all* ultimately dropped, but not
without having irreparable damaging our organization.  Even after Fern
left office, the slanderous false rumours about her and Bill continue
to be bandied about.  The whole episode has been a siccening display
of petty politics and has forced two of the best technicians in the
Guild to leave, rather than subject themselves to ongoing abuse.  We
needed them a lot more than they needed us - just look through back
issues of the Journal and you'll realize how much quality material
they contributed on an almostly monthly basis.  I could go on, but I
hope you get the gist of this.  If you want more information, please
reply to me privately.  Patrick Poulson, RPT.