Dremel Tool

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Thu, 03 Apr 1997 14:53:42 -0500 (EST)

Hi, Joe!

I've been using a Dremel Moto-tool in my shop for decades. It works best
on grand hammers. On uprights, especially those with "compact" actions,
the dampers and braces can interfere with getting the drum sander "square"
to the hammer surface. Mis-shaping can easily occur, if you're not care-
ful. However, carefully used, they can save time. And I agree with you
totally about hand finishing the hammers, after doing the rough work with
the Moto-Tool. The two approaches, used together, can produce some fine
results. Just be careful when using the Dremel tool on upright hammers!

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net