Lawsuits: Broken Plate

Don McCallion don@mail2.nai.net
Thu, 03 Apr 1997 16:00:03 -0500

On 4/3, Frank Weston wrote, in part:

>I'm not a lawyer.  My opinions and advice on the subject are in the same
>category of amateurism as when a lawyer tries to tune his own piano.

Notwithstanding amateur status, he focused in on the heart of the matter:

>The central issue is just when and how the plate broke.

Well said, sir.

Now as to the necessary proof (presuming that the plaintiff will proclaim
with his hand on the King James Version: "No, Your Honor, the piano was
fine before Mr. Tech got there")..............

BTW, I don't tune my own piano (not yet anyway - I leave that to an
expert in the field).

Don McCallion - don@ct2.nai.net
New Milford, CT

P.S. - just like you, my dad's a lawyer too (55 years)