imports..

Phil Bondi tito@peganet.com
Fri, 04 Apr 1997 04:53:33 -0500 (EST)

....at a recent guild meeting in an unspecified city held at a dealer's
store, one of the sales people gave a breif pitch about todays pianos and
the foreseable future about pianos..this person claims you will see more and
more pianos from the Far East in the very near future..he mentioned Korea,
China, Vietnam...these people work for pennies on the dollar and are a
willing work force..my experiences with pianos made from the far east,
limited as it may be, is NOT a favorable experience...Quality Control is not
part of the equation yet..i'm sure it will be down the road..my concern is
the use of and selection of wood for these pianos..isn't the far east
running out of wood?..thought i heard that somewhere..not to sound
prejudice, but bamboo pin blocks just ain't gonna cut it...comments?