wrong?

AKarab@aol.com AKarab@aol.com
Tue, 08 Apr 1997 03:26:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi group,

Newton,

When I've seen silver to grey colored wrap windings, I've always thought they
were nickel or steel.  Ever learning, I now replace steel with the correction
iron.  I picked up the (tip?) about nickel from other tuners, and over time
developed the impression that there were differences in longevity of tone--
the iron lasted better than nickel, the nickel was amazingly dull while if it
looked like nickel but sounded pretty good still then they were iron.

Now I'm wondering if nickel anyplace but in my wooden head!

Audrey Karabinus,  Seattle