PD 520

Lee Sankey lsankey@swbell.net
Tue, 08 Apr 1997 11:00:52 -0500

Richard Anderson wrote:

> Who makes the PianoDisc pianos? Are they usually noisy? I received a
> call from a someone who bought a PD 520 at christmas and now has what
> sounded over the phone like a loud slap at hammer return. The sound
> occurs playing manually or by the Pdisc.
>
> Anything unique to these pianos that I should know before I go look at
> it?
>
> Do any of my Chicago colleagues have experience with these? They are in
> St. Charles and need a tech. for this and another piano.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard Anderson, RPT
> Happy Spring! 70mph gusts yesturday, snow flurries today.

Most PianoDisc pianos are made by Young Chang. The most common cause of
release noise is the knuckles for which YC's reputation precedes them.
You can brush them, with a suede brush, lightly file them, kneedle them,
coat them with teflon powder (see Spurlock) and the noise will be
reduced temporarily. Good luck.

Lee M. Sankey
lsankey@swbell.net
San Antonio, TX