bridges/seating

ETomlinCF3@aol.com ETomlinCF3@aol.com
Tue, 08 Apr 1997 16:30:53 -0400 (EDT)

Less,

We have a church here in our area that has had almost the same thing happen
that you discribed.  It was a C5 Yamaha and we were strangly surprised when
strings began to brake almost weekly...Yamaha paid for the service calls and
took care of the piano for about a year and then sent Brian DeTar out to
check.  He found nothing
wrong.  We heard the piano player play and we knew then the problem.  Well
the church asked HER not to play and we thought our problems were over...no,
in a matter of weeks we got called out to another church for warranty work to
find that she was starting to brutalize another unsuspecting congregation.
 LOL  Her ministry will never end ...she said, even though we tried, in her
words, to end it.

Ed Tomlinson
Tomlinson Tuning and Repair

<<
 Just wondering, Ed. Would those be the same churches where you walk in
 three months after your last service call just to find that they've man-
 aged not only to break ANOTHER half-dozen bass strings (maybe a couple
 of the ones you replaced last time, too!) but that they've also managed
 to break the sustaining pedal, excuse me, the LOUD pedal, in half (!)
 AGAIN as well? :-)

 Les Smith
 lessmith@buffnet.net >>