Business License

Joel Rappaport joelr@flash.net
Tue, 08 Apr 1997 23:28:40 -0500

David ilvedson wrote:

> Do any of you folks have to pay for multiple business licenses?

David,
Never have been asked to buy a business license.  Are you a sole
proprietor?  Are you sure that the license is not for only an
_incorporated_ business.  We have what is called a "franchise tax" here
in Texas for Inc. businesses.  Of course, taxing practices may be
completely different there.  We don't even have a state income tax in
Texas, left over from the old days when oil revenues paid for
everything.  Now there is just a general reluctance to an income tax.
If you simply do not pay the tax, will you have a new email address in
prison?  {:>

----Joel