lifetime job? <Pine.PMDF.3.91.970409133952.543868245D-100000@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu>

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Wed, 09 Apr 1997 14:59:29 -0400 (EDT)

Kuang: Keep complaining. Loudly. It seems to me that if a pianist is
talented enough to play the Greig A minor concerto (with the killer
cadenza in the first movement) in public with an orchestra, the least
his school should be able to do is to provide him with a piano that is
properly tuned and serviced. The next time your to play in public, check
out the piano BEFOREHAND and if you discover any problems, immediately
bring it to the attention your teacher--maybe even have him play it--and
let him contact the tuner about what work--tuning or otherwise--it might
need. Obviously your current status  as a student doesn't carry much
weight with the technician. You also mention that you own a tuning ham-
mer. If all else fails, carry it with you when you perform, get there
early and touch up the instrument your self. Sooner, or later someone is
going to see you tuning  your own piano and ask the question, WHY?  Why,
indeed?! Good luck!

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net