taxes

James Grebe pianoman@inlink.com
Wed, 09 Apr 1997 17:30:59 -0500

Dear List,
	Have any of you who have a vehicle that is soley (100%), therefore fully
deductable seen the question on this years tax return.  It is on the back
page of form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization.  Part V line 32 and
states,
	 "Was the vehicle available for personal use during off-duty hours?  May I
ask what is the difference.  What does that have to do with anything.
line 35 already asks if there is another vehicle you use for personal use.

Is the IRS getting ready to pull something on us.  If we have a business
deductable let-off tool with handle is that going to mean that if we have
that tool available for personal use during off duty hours then in the
future it may not be 100% deductable.  Time will tell.  The IRS police are
always watching.  I don't know about you guys but I got soaked for another
thousand extra this year towards last year.  I guess I need to buy a lot
more tools this year and have them not available for off-duty use :)
James Grebe from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com