taxes (vehicle)

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Wed, 09 Apr 1997 22:48:43 -0500 (CDT)

>..."Was the vehicle available for personal use during off-duty hours...
>
>James Grebe from St. Louis
>pianoman@inlink.com

Dear James, List,

Basically this means any vehicle that is being claimed 100% deductible
cannot be available for personal use during off-duty hours by anyone.  If
it is, than a 100% deductible cannot be taken legitimately unless someone
can guarantee that it hasn't been used.  That's why the Yes or No answer is
required.

=46YI: I never take the full 100% for my main business vehicle even though I
have access to three other vehicles for personal use most of the time.  I
keep mileage logs which usually falls in the 90-95% range each year.   This
lets any auditor know that I keep records and helps keeps me honest as
well.

(BTW: Just going to the store or on an errand is considered personal use.
Add a few of those trips and it does make a difference  :-)

Sincerely,

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician