lifetime job?

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 04:45:59 -0400 (EDT)

> He probably just didn't want to make endless visits to pull up new strings.
> The old wire is already stretched out. I used to be opposed to knots in
> treble strings, but, although I usually replace the whole string, I can see
> the other side now.
>
> Susan Kline
> skline@proaxis.com
> P.O. Box 1651,
> Philomath, OR 97370

Although an occasional tied string in a pso, or as a temporary, improvis-
ed repair in a concert situation when disaster strikes is understandable,
tied strings have no place in a high-quality, performance instrument. Ex-
pediency is no excuse. The right way is to replace the string and then do
the necessary touch ups required as it stretches out. Sorry.

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net