taxes - soaked for extra $

Pianotoone@aol.com Pianotoone@aol.com
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 10:29:14 -0400 (EDT)

I have found that I am better off taking the standard milage deduction.  This
year it was $.31 a mile.  A lot less hassle and not much difference in the
long run.  Am I missing something.

By the way you folks using accountants might take a look at Quickbooks.  It
is extrememly easy to do your own bookeeping.  You can download a trial copy
for free at their website.  www.intuit.com I think.  Couple this with
Turbotax also an Intuit product.  It took me about 2.5 hours to do my taxes
this year.  And the program even figured the amount and printed out the W-2's
for quarterly payments.  Try it you'll like it.  The turbo tax program cost
$13.00 after rebates.  Considerably less than an accountant.

Best
Dick Day
Marshall MI