taxes - soaked for extra $

lenny lenny@stic.net
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 09:53:59 -0500

No, my accountant said, " After four or five years paying into a new car
the deductions are not that great anymore, and thating the milage is best
overall at that point."
If you drive 20 thousand miles a year times .31 = $6,200 thats a good
deduction in anybodys book.

Lenny Childs, RPT
Childs Piano Service
San Antonio, TX
lenny@stic.net

----------
> From: Pianotoone@aol.com
> To: pianotech@byu.edu
> Subject: Re: taxes - soaked for extra $
> Date: Saturday, April 12, 1997 9:29 AM
>
> I have found that I am better off taking the standard milage deduction.
This
> year it was $.31 a mile.  A lot less hassle and not much difference in
the
> long run.  Am I missing something.
>
> By the way you folks using accountants might take a look at Quickbooks.
It
> is extrememly easy to do your own bookeeping.  You can download a trial
copy
> for free at their website.  www.intuit.com I think.  Couple this with
> Turbotax also an Intuit product.  It took me about 2.5 hours to do my
taxes
> this year.  And the program even figured the amount and printed out the
W-2's