(duh!) Yamaha C7?

Warren Fisher fish@COMMUNIQUE.NET
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 05:02:57 -0700

Paul Graeber wrote:
> .Do
> >the bottom of the keys have cloth glued on for the player
> >sticker contact?

Paul,  the Piano Disk mechanism does not change the key at all.  These
people went to great pains to avoid changing the way the basic mechanism
works.  The padding is on the solonoids (electrical pushers) that lift
the back of the key.  There is one thing you have to look out for
though, it is possible to bend the pushers when you re-insert the action
into the piano!  I don't know the details of this situation but our
local Piano Disc installer related an incident to me in which another
technician had managed to do this.  I can only assume the pushers were
sticking up too high for some reason or the action stops were broken by
slamming the action in too hard.  I believe they trim off the back of
the keyframe to allow room for the solonoids.

Hope this helps,

Warren

--
Home of The Humor List