Optimizing repetition

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 10:50:17 -0400

It appears that you have the action very nicely regulated.  What comes next
is the esoteria of actions.

I would check the rep lever pinning.  There should be some risistence here.
If there is none the spring is weakened to compensate and not quite enough
to assist repitition.

Hammer pinning is critical as well. Six swings max and even from end to end.

You did not mention key weight, up and down.  If the average of the two is
nearing 35 grams you are near the lower limit.  I would prefer to see 37 to
38 grams.  Hammer weight is a factor as well.

Action friction is essential and should be in the 8 to 9 grams in the
concerned section.  Down weight minus up devided by 2. (d-u)/2

I think, in your situation, I would reduce dip by about .020 or .015.  .050
after touch is a fine target but if .030 performs better then go with that.
I am accustomed to regulating with slightly less aftertouch.

These are diagnostic measurements and will help to determine further action.

Read the articles by David Stanwood for complete information.

        Newton
        nhunt@jagat.com