Tonal control from the keyboard

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 10:51:06 -0500

----------

Richard Moody wrote:
----------
> From: BobDavis88@aol.com
> To: pianotech@byu.edu
> Subject: Re: Tonal control from the keyboard
> Date: Sunday, April 13, 1997 3:01 PM
>

> from Richard Moody:
> >The only thing a piano keyboard can do in regard to tonal quality
(or
> >control) is vary the velocity of the hammer.
> -------------
> Another factor I have seen mentioned is oscillation of the shank
and hammer
> head. Take for example two blows, each causing the same sound
pressure level
> but one of which is a staccato style, which has most of its force
at the
> beginning, and one a more "pushing" blow. Although the hammers
reach the same
> final speed, some would say that a different set of oscillations
are set up

Now, there's a bunch of malarky if I ever heard any.....

Balooney. State your facts.

Richard Moody
ps Wo your signature or intitials in split post replies, it makes it
difficult to see who is saying what.
pps  those little greater thans,  >   mean something, deleting those
makes it really confusing.  There is a very excellent faq on posting
to the Internet from Yahoo....