Pianodisc?????

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 14:57:36 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings;

Larry writes;
> PianoDisc simply has some material removed from the
>keyframe to access the bottoms of the keys.  The keys themselves are not
>modified in any way.

I would like some clarification on  this    I have been asked to remove two
reproducer attachments to pianos, and I really don't like what I see.  I
wonder if they were Pianodisc systems, so perhaps someone can tell me.
      Is this the system that cuts 3/4" off the back rail  and requires that
a large cavity be cut in the keybed under the back of the keys?  Does anybody
know how impossible it is to get a stable bedding on the keyframe when this
is done?
       Is this the system that requires a hole drilled in the bottom of the
monkey to operate the sostenueto? and has a large, aluminum, U-shaped
bracket?
     The trapwork on these two are the cheapest, most poorly designed junk I
have seen on a piano.  Both customers complained of poor pedal adjustment,
and lack of pianissimo playing.  Both were quite happy with the total
replacement of the factory trapwork, and removal of the mechanism.

 How many different "add-on" systems are there?

Regards,
Ed Foote