Damper lifter

Gilreath@aol.com Gilreath@aol.com
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 23:46:18 -0400 (EDT)

<< I
 called YC and they suggested running a long philips screwdriver down
 between the strings to loosen the flange screws.  That was impossible.
 There is no room above the flange screws to get anything in there.  If any
 of you have solved this problem without the involved method described
 above, please let me know. >>

Ted,

I had a Wurlitzer (Young Chang built) G-465 come in with 3 of the four
flanges broken in shipping.  We managed (with two of us) to slip a thin
bladed screwdriver in and work the hanger flange screws while propping up the
damper tray.  We managed to manufacturer new flanges and get it reinstalled.
 In retrospect, after doing it that way, I would probably just pull the
dampers and then you can easily access the tray.  This should give you an
idea of how difficult it was to get into there.

Email me privately if there's any way I can help further.

Allan

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
Gilreath Piano & Organ Co.
Berry College