shop-built tilter? (was Re: Loose pinblock

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 01:17:56 -0500

You wrote
	Scotch or Scot?  My Scottish grandfather always told me that Scotch
was
something you drink.

And on the Cutty Sark label it says "Scots' Whiskey", or is it
Whisky?
If there is enough Scottish bloode in ye, who can forget the Safeway
"Scotch  Buys"  a few years ago or do they still have them? Which
brings me to some humor which should pass on this list since it
involved my apprenticeship.
	I was in a Safeway with The Great German Master, when those "Scotch
Buys"  signs caused me to blurt out, "Robert, suppose those signs
said "Jew Buys"?  Immediately a bunch of heads turned, (there was a
sizable Jewish population in that neighborhood), and Robert who
happened to be of Jewish descent nonchalantly replied, "I can't help
it if you are stingy."  I was in rare form and finally managed to
turn the tables, as he always had the upper hand in repartee.  "Wait
a minute, you got that backwards, we're thrifty, you're stingy." All
I got  was a dirty look. Later we aired our feelings about ethnic
prejudice over a glass (or two) of  his "home made German beer".
Half  a shot of vodka in a glass of Ranier Ale.

	Back to the present.  I have considered the trestle type table
braces as
you describe below, but I am thinking of fold out plywood braces that
will join up in the middle by overlapping and secured with carriage
bolts and thumb nuts, or sliding brackets for lack of a better word.
The "tilter" should be braced so  it will not collapse  house of
cards style.
	So you have been in the patent archives, is it that you couldn't
down load pictures because the site won't let you, or because of your
machine or software.  I have been there only a couple of times, and
picts were not available.  If they are  now please let me know, or
even just the url you used.
	Richard Moody