anyone interested in a Gamage Grand Piano?

PNOTNR@aol.com PNOTNR@aol.com
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 12:46:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hello list,

I was asked to look at an A. Gamage Grand Piano that has been stored for
about 30 years in a poorly built garage.  (You're all drooling already, I can
tell!)  The owner is trying to get rid of it (his mother died recently, and
he is cleaning out the house).

The piano wasn't what I expected, and I am posting to the list in case anyone
might be interested in a "different" piano.

The piano measures 7 1/2 feet, although the keyboard forms an acute angle of
45 degrees to the straight side.  The case is rosewood, and somewhat ornate.
 The legs are fairly massive and have those big threaded wood dowels.  The
pinblock is open faced.  The closest thing I could find to a serial number
was 853, stamped in the block in two places.

The Pierce Atlas only mentions that Gamage took out a patient for the Baker
Piano Co. and Rogers Piano Co., NY.  And there is no info about either of the
latter two companies.

If nobody is interested, the customer will just take it to the dump, but I
thought I'd run it by the list just in case anyone thinks it might be
interesting.  Feel free to contact me privately if you're interested.

Gordon Large, RPT
Mt. Vernon., ME