1907 steinway upright

jptuner jptuner@asan.com
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 19:55:49 -0400

Hello all,
           I recently looked at a steinway upright from 1907,I want to
change the hammers,shanks,and butts,I noticed that the butts were border
line and so i decided to tell her to change them with the new hammers.I
told her it would cost about close to $2,000 dollars to put new abel
hammers,shanks and butts,plus the regulation.Does anyone know if this
price is about right for this job,I know that the butts are very
expensive, can anyone let me know where i can get them and if this price
is right.
                     Thankyou
                       jptuner