Patent

Don Mannino DonMannino@worldnet.att.net
Sun, 20 Apr 1997 20:59:11 -0700

David,

Thanks for posting the address. That was interesting, and that server =
will remain on my favorites list!

The purpose of the patented "improvement" is to provide a compliant jack =
stop that will allow the jack to roll back on the knuckle when the key =
is played up until the jack meets the letoff button. I can see that, if =
the degree of compliance of the jack rest is set correctly, the jack =
certainly would not want to squeak on the knuckle.

Like most patents, I doubt we will see this in production, but who =
knows. Maybe it works better than it looks like it would, to these eyes =
anyway.

Has anyone checked recent Steinway actions to see the relationship =
between the jack / knuckle contact and the spread line?

Don Mannino