(long) Out-of-town License Discussion

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 00:10:18 +0000

> Date:          Tue, 22 Apr 1997 19:12:29 +0000
> From:          Barb Barasa <bbarasa@mind.net>
> Subject:       (long) Out-of-town License Discussion
> To:            pianotech@byu.edu

HI Barb,

I originally sent that post.  I have many customers through out
San Francisco and the numerous cities on the Pennisula below SF.
I realize now that if I hadn't been doing business with a city
agency, namely the Recreation Dept., the city would have no
record of me.  I did notify the Rec. Dept. and they looked into
it.  Their advice was to raise my prices to them to cover the
extra cost!  Go figure!!!!  That is what I will do unless the
city doesn't notify me of failure to pay the business
license..(I haven't paid it yet).  If each city I serviced pianos in
demanded a business license, I would be in big trouble.  My
prices would have to sky-rocket to cover the extra fees.  MY
ADVICE TO FELLOW TECHNICIANS IS NOT TO DO WORK FOR CITY
AGENCIES!!!  Once they have you on file they will never let go!

ilvey, RPT
Pacifica, CA