Random thoughts

Dan M. Hallett, Jr. dhalle@toolcity.net
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 13:21:54 -0400

Dear List:
I use a hot glue gun upon occasion and never know where to lay it down
in a customer's home. In a craft store I found a Pad that is made
specifically to lay a glue gun on. If any glue drips on it, wait 'till
it hardens and peel it off. It is rated at to 400 degrees.
I also use electric shank bending pliers. I found in a sewing store a
pad that you can sit a hot iron on. It is rated at 700 degrees.

Also, I've found that this comparison is understood by most of my
customers, and is useful when conversing with a recalcitrant customer
when no one is playing their piano any longer (as when all their
children have gone to college) -- a piano should be tuned at least
yearly, for if it isn't it's strings release tension much as a tire
loses air pressure (either car, bycicle or motorcycle) as it sits and
the pressure isn't maintained. It is as harmful to the piano as it is to
the tire.
Dan Hallett, Jr. RPT
dhalle@toolcity.net
'Is it possible for piano technician's to be totally Partial?'