tuning sequence

DICK BEATON rbeaton@initco.net
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 09:35:13 -0600

Rob and all....
I use a SAT....and don't use a mute strip for anything.....when pitch
raising I use a rubber mute to kill one string...with a little practice you
can pull the other one up and see when it is where it belongs on the
display.  For example mute the right string...pull up #1 and then #2...move
the mute up to the next note and pull #3 which finishes the 1st
note...continue on up.Same thing going down the bass except there are only
2 strings....dont really need a mute for the bass.  Once in awhile you will
find a note that is hard to read; so just use a mute on that one and keep
going. On the final tuning pass I tune the right string first, etc.  I use
rubber mutes.
Dick RPT