Yellow Pages

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Sat, 26 Apr 1997 17:32:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Jim ! !

A business line is in addition to the personal line, the feds won't allow
a pro-rated deduction for *combination* telephone lines. If it is to your home,
even if a business line, the feds won't allow a single line to a dwelling to be
deductable (actual long distance calls are), you need the second line.
This comes in handy for internet access also. My internet account is on the
second line with call forwarding on a busy signal to the first line.
This way if I get a call while online, it'll be transferred to a line with
call-waiting.
It also makes for easier accounting where the second line is all business exp.
I have never advertised in the yp. Fortunately I've been getting all the
work I can
handle. I actually refer a lot of calls to those in the yp, and since they
don't like
the repair work; they send that to me. Works well.
Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)